Switching gears — I have horrible writer’s block today. I’ve been working on Best Women’s Erotica 2006 a bit and mostly Lips Like Sugar for the past two days. I’m thrilled with the cover.
My pictures from Halloween are up, the highlights are:
* Best three costumes — Shaun of the Dead, Tyrone, and Shuffle guy. I dresssed my pal Chriso in drag (it was *so* much fun to make him a Goth girl), and with his boyfriend and Shaun we went to a friend’s house between a Muni stop and the Castro celebration, where a big group of us (lots of SFSI people) held up numbers to grade costumes and handed out shots of various alcohols to ‘winners’, or just hotties.
* No one got that I was Baby Firefly from House of 1000 Corpses. I even memorized her lines. Sigh.
* Tyrone was amazing: he had the high-pitched voice down and when when I told him I was giving him ‘liquid crack’ he squeaked, “oh, alright” and downed it. We all shouted, “You’re way better than season three!”
* The Shuffle costume was awesome! The huge earbuds were actually speakers run off a real shuffle he had stashed inside the costume — whenever someone hit one of the costume’s controls, he’d press the corresponding button on the Shuffle in his costume. Fully functional!
* One weird loser and his mulleted friend were unintentionally hilarious. He walked up to us lugging his huge wooden cross and we said, “What kind of costume is that!?” He told us he was here to pray for all of of us because we were all “sick.” I squealed, “OHMIGAWD, that’s hilarious!” and snapped this picture right after I said it — his expression says it all. In the next moment, a Jesus costume walked by and we were all like, “There’s Jesus! This is *so* perfect!” Jesus looked kinda drunk, and just waved and stumbled by.
* Saturday a group of friends and I went to the yearly party at a local dominatrix’s house and she took us intio her astoundingly beautiful dungeon for a tour; photos begin here.
* Also Saturday, don’t forget the “Whoo Girls“, a group of drag queens who showed up to the dominatrix’s party along with another group — a mob of angry villagers led by Frankenstein and Igor. It was quite a party. But the Whoo Girls were all named Katelyn, and were inspired by black drag Katelyn’s recent experience in a Mission district bar where she overheard two blonde Marina district girls talk about how they liked to visit the Mission bars because they are “edgy and dangerous”. (Meaning, poor and Latino.) So they all dressed like Marina chicklets, and ran around going “Whoooo!” like the women in the Girls Gone Wild videos. Hilarious! They later left and met at a bar with another costumed group of Abe Lincolns who were all gay and calling themselves the “G’abe Lincolns.”
* At that same party, someone I thought was a friend went on and on about he (and someone else I thought was a friend) had been joking about publicly ridiculing my blog and sex writing style — it was in a really mean way, and quite humiliating in front of a total stranger, and he really ripped into me. Fucking ouch. I egged him on to see just how far he would go, and now I know that I have a few less friends than I thought. He even quoted lines from my blog! Good to know. I was really hurt for a minute until I realized he was being cruel for the fun of it, which somehow took away the pain fairly quickly.
* Jackson made us all a killer breakfast Sunday morning. He’s kicking ass on Fleshbot.
* There were weird drunks in front of my house when I got home. I think they got lost on the way back to the Marina. Woo!
* Tonight if I can’t write I’m going to be working on a podcast experiment. More soon…
The post Lips Like Sugar appeared first on Violet Blue ® | Open Source Sex.