* New York Times writer and star of my post when a man hates a woman sent me an epic email yesterday, but prefaced the whole thing with “this is off the record”. One wonders, why bother? What do you think, dear readers — should I post *my* responses to his “off the record” crit of my post, since *I’m* not afraid to speak about this issue?
* Village Voice columnist and cupcake hottie Rachel Kramer Bussel has a nice roundup of the Cake debate, wherein she smears her boobies with frosting, and — oops, my bad. She posts about Cake’s contribution to the downfall of civilization as we know it in The Politics of Cake.
* My bestest pal, prolific erotica author Alison Tyler has a blog! Yay!
* I’ve been immortalized in rope! Celebrated rope bondage (shibari) expert Twisted Monk has made a color of the month in my honor! It’s really beautiful, and sold in a limited supply. Like me. I’m extra-blushing over the name — The Unstoppable Miz Violet Blue — and the text:
“This month’s color is in honor of the one and only Ms Violet Blue; author, activist, sex educator, podcaster, blog star, and possibly one of the sexiest women on-line. The color, much like the rope’s namesake, is a vibrant and complex mix. A deep violet with subtle shades of purple and blue mixed in make this a striking rope that looks almost iridescent when photographed. Twistedmonk.com salutes this asset to the sex positive movement and wishes her many more years of success.”
* I have a big interview with Fatty D (April Flores) on Fleshbot right now, where she talks about her amazing video, peeing in public and her upcoming saturday appearance at San Francisco’s Kink Ink as a human canvas. I can’t wait to meet her in the ahem, flesh, at the event!
* My Onion horoscope is: “Virgo August 23 – September 22: While it’s often understood that racism, by nature, is born of ignorance, your claims this week that the Irish control the media will still seem particularly uneducated.” My bad. Well, I’m only *half* Irish anyway. When my other half — Portuguese — takes over the media, don’t say I didn’t warn you.
* Yesterday Jonno and I got in a tiffle over the use of the word “poon” on Fleshbot. I am now convinced that gay men love the poon. His last reponse to me was “poon poon poon poon pooon poon pooooooooooooooooooon POOOOOOOOOOOOON.”
* Last night I got stood up. I don’t know if it was a date, or just meeting someone for a drink, but I found myself alone and looking like femmebait nursing a drink at 8:30 last night at the Lucky 13, a bar I actually hate. It was half an hour after the agreed-on meet time, and I was sitting there with my phone, trying to look like I was doing something other than drinking a way too strong drink by myself. Which I was. But then… an SRL member happened by! It was happy time, and more drinks were bought. Then I got a call from other robot peeps, out of the blue, who happened to be nearby and… more drinks were bought! We chatted and ranted about machining and CNC routers, robot combat and the Long Now clock and the Rosetta Project. I later found myself outside a different bar nibbling on a robot-welder girl’s neck (who shall now be known here as Evil Bunny). Then, walking on the way home, I toddled over to a friends‘ house in a joyfully inebriated state — which is a fun way to deal with being stood up, by the way — and being the dutiful sex educators they are, let me in and made me… another drink. I spilled it, but good times were had, and we blabbed about old punk songs, disease transmission, and all kinds of fun stuff.
My head hurts, but I’m thinking I need to get stood up more often.
* Image via Diva’s Debauchery: Shibari, column by Midori.
The post Writers, ropes, boobs, blogs (and a hangover) appeared first on Violet Blue ® | Open Source Sex.